The cameras will be located at:
- Southwest Academy, on Johnnycake Road.
- Loch Raven High, on Cromwell Bridge Road.
- Stoneleigh Elementary, on Regester Avenue.
- Patapsco High, on Wise Avenue.
- Owings Mills Elementary, on Reisterstown Road.
County police first .
For the first 30 days, the cameras will issue warnings to drivers who exceed the posted speed limit by more than 12 mph.
After that, violations carry a penalty of $40 with no points.
This is the second batch of cameras to be added this summer following the the program.
were activate last month.
The new devices bring the total of operation speed cameras in county school zones to 26. One additional camera is scheduled to be placed on Harford Road near in Parkville pending approval from the State Highway Administration.