Our primary goal is, and has always been, getting healthy, earth-friendly food into our community, at fair prices. We want to support our area’s producers, artisans, and farmers. Most of all we want to be part of the movement towards economic and environmental sustainability. We are ready to take our next step. The funds generated from this Founding Membership drive will allow us to secure a commercial space. This space will not be open to the public as a storefront, but will serve as a critical hub of operations, allowing us to grow. Ideally this location will serve as a meeting space, commercial delivery address, and community classroom.
Founding Membership benefits include:
- A household account on foodclub.org, allowing for online ordering from our wonderful vendors
- Access to unique goods and favorite brands at great prices
- Member Bulletin, detailing behind-the-scenes activity and important developments, including product offerings, vendor profiles, and volunteer opportunities
- Voting rights in co-op decisions, including Bylaws and Board electionsFuture discount/dividends once storefront opens (TBD)
- Direct input regarding products we sell, services we offer, and community involvement
To learn more about Founding Membership, visit our membership page.
Another great way to support us is our Plant Swap! Join us at Westchester/Oella Park from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. It’s $5 to participate in the Plant Swap. Bring as many seedlings and/or plants as you would like, then choose the same number of plants to take home. Please bring a small index card for each plant, labeled with its name and ideal growing conditions. For those swapping, you can arrive as early as 9:45 am. If you would just like to come and purchase your seedlings or plants, we’d love to have you. There will be plants for sale from $1 to $2. All money raised goes to supporting Catonsville Cooperative Market.