The newly renovated Catonsville Giant supermarket has held a grand re-opening, marking the re-design of its layout, installation of self-scan checkout lanes and the expansion of its produce offerings.
The store on Baltimore National Pike held a ribbon cutting on Friday. Over the next four weekends, the store will hold raffles, offer free samples, host live music and give away prizes, according to a company statement.
During the re-opening, store manager Mike King presented a check to Principal Michael Thorne for $6,433.25 as part of the A+ rewards program. Participating schools receive points when parents who shop there designate the school as their school of choice.
Store upgrades include:
Full-service floral department at the front of the store.
- An increased produce selection.
- A re-designed deli with gourmet cheese section.
- Greater variety of fresh baked goods in the bakery.
- Expanded section of health and beauty products, as well as seasonal items.
- A streamlined customer service location in the center of the store.
- Self-checkout lanes and hand-held scanners that allow customers to scan and pay for items as they shop.
What do you think of the new renovations to Giant? Tell us in the comments.