- Do not tailgate snowplows - stay at least two car lengths behind. Never cut between a caravan of plows clearing the highway.
- Beware of "black ice" where roads may appear to be wet, but are actually glazed with ice.
- Do not plow or shovel snow into the street - this is illegal and can create a safety hazard, and it can result in that same snow being pushed back in front of your driveway.
- If you shovel your driveway before the plow comes through, always shovel to the right (facing the street).
- Don't park on the street unless absolutely necessary.
- You can help avoid potential flooding by clearing snow and ice around storm drains.
- Clear snow and ice around fire hydrants in case of emergency.