The warning means flooding is imminent or has been reported.
Baltimore, Howard County, Anne Arundel Prince George's counties are under the warning.
Have you noticed any trouble spots in Baltimore County? Tell us in the comments!
Streams and urban areas were expected to flood, as one inch of rain was expected to fall every two hours through the afternoon on top of the two inches recorded before 11 a.m., according to the weather service.
A coastal flood warning is effective until midnight, meaning flooding may occur at high tide. A coastal flood watch is in effect Wednesday night through Thursday morning. A flash flood watch is in effect until 6 a.m. Thursday
The State Highway Administration offers these tip for drivers:
- Turn around if you see standing water; don't drown.
- Use headlights if windshield wipers are on—it's the law.
- Watch for animals, like deer, crossing roads as they flee flooded areas.
- Treat intersections where signals are out as a four-way stop—it's the law.
- Do not move branches tangled in electrical wires or cable from travel lanes.
- Allow for extra braking distance.
Call 511 or visit www.md511.org for current travel information.