We know the blog has been quiet, but we've been very busy behind the scenes - choosing a logo, raising funds for a storefront and drafting by-laws to get ready for incorporation.
It's been one year since our first public interest meeting held at the Catonsville Library. We have come a long way since that time and it is standard for boards and committees to be reassessed at the one-year point. We are very close to incorporation, so the Steering Committee will serve as CCM’s first Board of Directors until the 2013 annual membership meeting.
We are requesting nominations for individuals to serve as officers on the Steering Committee of CCM. We are accepting nominations for the following positions:
- President: Oversees and coordinates Steering Committee (Officer) activity
- Vice President: Replaces President if they cannot complete term. Oversees and coordinates Volunteer Team activity.
- Secretary: Takes and publishes minutes at Steering Committee meetings. Processes updates to calendar. Maintains any deadlines set by Steering Committee or outside requirements.
- Treasurer: Handles finances, including banking, membership payments, accounts payable and receivable. Is accountable for budget reports and all financial inquiries. Processes memberships.
- Steering Committee Member: Attends meetings and provides support to other committee positions as needed.
In order to submit your nominations, please go to: https://adobeformscentral.com/?f=-cpSFo26*BxhoKVXICEQ4g to complete the nomination form by 11:59 p.m. Friday, Aug. 10.
It is important to note that Steering Committee members are required to become Founding Members of CCM before they take office, so that they have voting rights. Information on being a Founding Member is available on our website: www.catonsvillecooperativemarket.com.
If a Steering Committee position is not for you, but you'd like to be involved, we welcome volunteers for any amount of time committment - a couple hours a week or even a few hours a month.