President Obama Lays Out State of Union - Read the Live Chat
Just a few miles from the Maryland line, the president emphasizes the economy in the first State of the Union address of his second term.
- February 12, 2013
President Obama delivered his State of the Union address Tuesday night, focusing on the economy and legislative action to end gun violence.
Follow what news organizations and blogs reported on the archive of the live feed.
Marylanders could claim as their own Anne Arundel County student Jack Andraka who was in the audience as he is the first lady's guest. Andraka, 16, of Crownsville made a huge splash in 2012 with his invention of a sensor that can help more accurately and efficiently detect pancreatic cancer. He is a science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) student at North County High School in Glen Burnie.
Have something to say about the president's speech? Tell us in comments.
See More on Patch
- Top Maryland Headlines: 'Pimp on the Pike' Gets 20 Years, Blogger Slain, Governor's Race Ignites
- Top Maryland Headlines: Uncles in Montgomery, Landlord Guilty of Peeping, Michelle Obama Comes to Town
- Top Maryland Headlines: Blue Angels Grounded, Murder-Suicide Mystery, the Bomb Burger
- Top Maryland Headlines: Car Vs. Super Chicken, Water Main Geyser, Proposed Labor Secretary is Local
- Top Maryland Headlines: New Anne Arundel County Executive, In Search of Mega Millionaire in Howard County, Baltimore County Councilmember Charged