Catonsville Storm Updates July 2
What you need to know for Monday, July 2.
Damages from Friday's severe thunderstorms are still having an impact in the Catonsville area, from road closures to power outages. Here's what you need to know:
- Several intersections in Catonsville still do not have power as of 9 p.m. Sunday night, including Winters Lane at Edmondson Avenue and Baltimore National Pike. For a complete list of road closures in Baltimore County, go here.
- A large tree is still down at Rolling Road in between Edmondson Avenue and Rockwell Avenue. Traffic lights are still out at Rolling and Edmondson and traffic is being re-routed to the west of the intersection.
- Many schools in Catonsville do not have power, including Hillcrest, Johnnycake, Westchester, Woodbridge and Westowne elementary schools, Catonsville Middle School and Western Tech High School. For a full list, go here.
- CCBC Catonsville has canceled classes on Monday because of power outages, according to its website.
- BGE said that it has restored power to 53 percent of its customers in Maryland since the storm hit Friday night. More than 1,300 BGE personnel and nearly 900 out-of-state utility workers have been working to restore power. In Baltimore County, 70,000 customers are out and 119,000 customers have been restored.